DH Companies, LLC is a premier Project Management company. We provide Procurement, Freight/Logistics, Warehousing, Installation and Recycling services pertaining to the Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment utilized across an array of diverse industries, with a specialization in the hospitality industry. Our Company provides an excellent work environment and is passionate in its dedication to provide superior services and proactive project management in an ethical manner that reflects the attitude of our brand. We place a high value on the welfare and commitment of our employees as well as the superior level of service they provide to our customers. Our employees are our greatest asset and valuable members of our company and community.
As a Logistics Project Coordinator in the hospitality industry, you will play an integral role in facilitating project execution of FF&E after the release of purchase orders to suppliers through product delivery.
As the Project Manager Assistant, you will be responsible for performing various duties associated with 3PL freight and customer service. The Coordinator interacts primarily with carriers, manufacturers, warehouses, clients and DH PMs/PCs and will be required to route, track and trace shipments pertaining to Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E). You will participate in budget management and timely completion of all DH Companies projects involving property expansions, renovations, and new construction FF&E projects. You will serve in a supporting capacity as the primary data entry point of contact for freight and logistics among internal and external resources, key partners and suppliers. You will cross-train alongside Project Manager Assistants that support all functions (Procurement, Freight/Logistics, Warehouse/Installation, & Recycling) and responsibilities within the Projects department. You will have the overall supportive responsibility for the execution of multiple FF&E projects within the team, ensuring that each project is completed on time and within the contracted budget requirements.
More specifically, you will:
- Track and trace shipments throughout the lifecycle of the shipment and projects to ensure all material is picked up and delivered on time.
- Works alongside Logistics Project Manager to ensure successful completion of assigned projects./li>
- Utilize proprietary system in place to input all accurate data and dispatch shipments to carriers./li>
- Answer phones and monitor email in a timely fashion. Respond promptly and courteously to all customer/carrier requests and inquiries.
- Provide manufacturers, warehouses, and clients with pertinent information regarding shipment routing.
- Assist with growing new and existing customer accounts.
- Gather quotes, negotiate, and schedule carriers to pick up and deliver loads to sites, warehouse, and clients.
- Review routing options to route freight in the most cost-effective manner./li>
- Work closely with manufacturer, warehouses, and carriers to avoid unnecessary costs.
- Contribute feedback internally on carriers and their performance to reduce inefficiency in DH Companies carrier network
- Meet work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Aid Project manager in maintaining project budget by negotiating cost savings when possible.
- Maintain project schedules for all projects and communicate deviations from anticipated timelines to appropriate parties swiftly./li>
- Communicate project progress through expediting reports and shipping notifications as it pertains to scope.
- Assist with reconciling all related vendor invoices on a weekly basis.
- Continually and consistently monitor scope of work for any out-of-scope requests, including but not limited to budget increase, add-scope, additional deliveries, etc.
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote cooperative and harmonious working climate
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and freight-logistics management software.
- Must have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel including formula creation, pivot tables and V look up capabilities.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills are critical.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have advanced organizational skills and be fully capable of multi-tasking.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely responsive and customer service driven.
- Strong interpersonal / teamwork skills.
- Ability to work effectively with internal clients, vendors, colleagues and support staff.
- A commitment to learning that encourages personal and professional growth by actively training with Project Managers, and other Project Coordinators.
- Collaboration skills to build positive relationships and trust.
- Creative thinking and research skills to gain the latest knowledge of freight-logistics industry trends, especially in relation to discovering innovative or groundbreaking operational products.
- Communication skills to positively influence DH Companies partners and to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Problem solving skills with flexibility and creativity in finding solutions for difficult problems.
- Ability to support project goals, effectively adapt to continuous change.
Our Manassas, VA office offers a fun, energetic and vibrant environment! Our compensation package is competitive within the market, and our team member benefits package includes vacation, holiday pay, and medical/dental/vision insurance as well as 401K employer contributions (vested immediately).