DH Companies, LLC is a premier Project Management company. We provide Procurement, Freight/Logistics, Warehousing, and Installation services pertaining to the Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment utilized across an array of diverse industries, with a specialization in the hospitality industry.
As a Project Manager of Warehousing and Installation Services, you will play an integral role in facilitating project execution from the warehousing phase through delivery and installation, including recycling when requested.
As the Project Manager of warehousing and installation services, you will plan, organize, implement and execute project objectives primarily pertaining to Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E). You will oversee budget management and timely completion of all DH Companies’ projects involving property expansions, renovations, new construction, and recycling projects. You will also work in conjunction with the Project Manager Assistant that supports warehousing, installation, and recycling. You will serve in a leadership capacity as a main point of contact among internal and external resources and key partners during the warehousing/installation/recycling phase. You will have the management responsibility for these services for multiple FF&E projects within the team, ensuring that each project is completed on time and within the contracted budget requirements. You will cross-train alongside Project Managers that support and oversee all functions (Procurement, Freight/Logistics, Warehouse/Installation, & Recycling) and responsibilities within the Projects department.
More specifically, you will:
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, key players such as Interior Designers, Architects and Purchasing Agents as well as with warehouse partners throughout the project life cycle.
- Coordinate, conduct and participate in meetings with internal and external departments, key stakeholders, vendors, and partners to develop and maintain installation strategies.
- Occasionally travel to customer’s offices or project sites for meetings.
- Work in conjunction with Project Manager Assistants on all details pertaining to the life cycle of a project.
- Communicate all information in a timely manner to internal teams, external customers, vendors, and warehouse partners.
- Research and resolve any potential warehouse-related and/or labor-related discrepancies and disputes.
- Participate in internal Project Turnover meetings as well as kick-off calls with Clients and Warehouses.
- Participate in weekly project meetings and others as needed.
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager Assistant to aid and assist in project set-up duties including, but not limited to, setting project up in DH Companies’ proprietary project management software application, creating bingo sheets and install trackers, creating project binders, sourcing labor and dumpsters as needed.
- Work in conjunction with Project Manager Assistant to book travel arrangements including but not limited to flights, lodging, and rental cars/Ubers.
- Work in conjunction with Project Manager Assistant to order hardware, building protection and equipment based on input from Operations Team.
- Create project budget for approval and maintain throughout project to ensure agreed upon timelines and profit margins are met.
- Participate in daily project calls with DH field crew and Clients and maintain reports to the Operations team.
- Periodically reconcile project budget with P&L from Accounting to ensure accuracy.
- Manage warehouses, when included in project scope, which includes: Coordinating with warehouse for deliveries to site and communicating with onsite PM, Creating Delivery Tickets as needed, Approving warehouse invoices, and Monitoring scope of work in warehouse and installation contracts and working with the Account Manager in the development of Change Orders once original scope is exhausted.
- Assist Project Manager Assistant entering daily receiving reports for items delivered to site as well as to warehouse, as needed; to be distributed to Clients daily.
- In conjunction with the Operations team, assist with creation of delivery schedules for upcoming projects and notify clients and vendors when necessary.
- Confirm daily delivery schedules with crew and warehouse.
- Track progress of construction or renovation prior to beginning FF&E installation in order to accurately schedule start dates.
- Understand project scopes of work and identify/track when project scope changes have occurred and change orders are required.
- Monitor installation completion status compared to overall project schedule by reviewing Installation Tracker from Field Crew daily, in conjunction with the Operations team.
- Escalate discrepancies in man-hours required to complete the installation vs. man-hours available in original schedule to Operations Manager.
- Maintain Change Order and Issues Log, manpower required, etc. Advise on change orders, with assistance from the Operations Team, for the Account Manager to create.
- Send weekly reports summarizing status of project and noting open issues and/or problems that need resolution.
- Maintain the Damages/Issues Log, including resolutions, and report to Clients along with pictures as needed.
- Approve Labor/Subcontractor and Warehouse/Vendor invoices.
- Maintain constant communication with accounting department regarding project status for billing and payment purposes.
- Gather and submit close-out documents such as final P&L, Letter of Satisfaction and Warehouse Close-Out paperwork.
- For Recycling projects, schedule with the vendors and clients, as well as work with Logistics and Operations Teams to coordinate deliveries, recycling pick-ups and crew.
- Train Project Manager Assistants, as needed.
- Assist in training and developing other team members.
- Complete on-boarding and continuous Company Training as assigned.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Advanced organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely responsive and customer service driven.
- Strong interpersonal / teamwork skills.
- Ability to work effectively with internal clients, vendors, colleagues and support staff.
- Mentorship skills and a commitment to learning that encourages personal and professional growth by providing individualized training to Project Manager Assistants.
- Collaboration skills to build positive relationships and trust.
- Creative thinking and research skills to gain the latest knowledge of hospitality industry trends, especially in relation to discovering innovative or groundbreaking operational products.
- Communication skills to positively influence DH Companies’ partners and to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Problem solving skills with flexibility and creativity in finding solutions for difficult problems.
- Leadership skills to implement project goals, effectively manage Project Manager Assistant and adapt to change.