DH Companies, LLC is a premier Project Management company. We provide Procurement, Freight/Logistics, Warehousing, Installation and Recycling services pertaining to the Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment utilized across an array of diverse industries, with a specialization in the hospitality industry. Our Company provides an excellent work environment and is passionate in its dedication to provide superior services and proactive project management in an ethical manner that reflects the attitude of our brand. We place a high value on the welfare and commitment of our employees as well as the superior level of service they provide to our customers. Our employees are our greatest asset and valuable members of our company and community.
As a Designer, you will play an integral role in fulfilling the visions of our client’s projects by initiating and outlining design details for the DH procurement and project management teams.
As a Designer, you are passionate about your craft and combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce beautiful and functional spaces for clients. You have experience working on the interior fit-out of guest-facing spaces such as boutique retail and upscale restaurants. You have strong design skills, a background in interior design and a portfolio of innovative design concepts. You are an integral member of the design team who relishes contributing a point of view and craves participation in conceptual thought-processes and design exploration.
More specifically, you will:
- Create initial concept packages with a strong design story, to guide the design process through project completion.
- Conduct programming efforts through space planning studies to arrive at final approved plan that meet the project goals.
- Sculpt interior spaces as a holistic experience including specification of furniture, lighting, artwork and finishes/materials./li>
- Lead day-to-day project coordination efforts with the ability to prioritize deadlines, manage communication and coordination with clients and consultants Communicate conceptual design ideas through 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Participate in the construction administration of projects – including review of submittals and finish samples as well as value engineering efforts to maintain design intent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or related field from an accredited school.
- 10-15 years of related interior design experience preferably with guest-facing (restaurant, boutique) and/or residential multi-family, mixed-use projects.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)./li>
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications.
- Modeling and visual communication skills are highly valued.
- Passionate, self-starting, intelligent, dedicated, efficient.
- Detailed understanding of FF&E design and deliverables.
Our Manassas, VA office offers a fun, energetic and vibrant environment! Our compensation package is competitive within the market, and our team member benefits package includes vacation, holiday pay, and medical/dental/vision insurance as well as 401K employer contributions (vested immediately).